Monday, July 30, 2012




   Where, O death, is your victory? 
Where, O death, is your sting?
 ~ 1 Corinthians 15:55 ~
   
Death has the power to end life. Death has
the power to separate. Death has the power to
discourage and defeat us. But, we know the truth:
Jesus lives! Because he lives, we know we will live
with him. We believe that his victory over death is
our victory. So like Jesus, we mock death and its
power to destroy us. Jesus has destroyed death and
brought immortality to life ... in us through
the Gospel.

PRAYER:
Father, I confess that the death of those I
love still hurts me. I thank you that my separation
from them will only be for a short time. I thank you
that death doesn't separate me for long from those
whom I love and who love you. Thank you for giving me
the victory in Jesus. Thank you, Jesus, for defeating
death. In your precious and triumphant name,
Jesus Christ the Lord, I pray.
Amen.

No comments: