Thursday, April 01, 2010

Holy Good Friday!


When you are weak,
I call your name Strong.

When you are discouraged,
I call your name Encouraged.

When you are broken,
I call your name Fixed.

When you are wounded,
I call your name Mended.

When you have faltered,
I call your name Forgiven.

When you are afraid,
I call your name Trust.

When you are unloved,
I call your name Loved.

When you feel at lost,
I call your name Found.

When you feel at distance,
I call your name Close.

When you feel empty,
I call your name Filled.

When you feel like sickness,
I call your name Healed.

When you feel depressed,
I call your name Delivered.

When you feel alone,
I call your name Near.

When you feel unsaved,
I call your name Righteous.

When you feel uncomely,
I call your name Beautiful.

When you feel worthless,
I call your name Priceless.

When you feel unworthy,
I call your name Worthy.

When you feel overcome,
I call your name Overcomer.

When you feel conquered,
I call your name Conqueror.

When you feel bound,
I call your name Free.

When you feel defeated,
I call your name Victorious.

When you feel in darkness,
I call your name Light.

When you feel that you do not belong,
I call your name MINE!

No matter who you are, where you are,
where you have been or where you are going,
what you have done or what you are doing …
I STILL CALL YOU BY NAME.
WHY? BECAUSE I LOVE YOU WITH MY LIFE!
ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT.
 JESUS 
 
 


Go ahead, drive the nails in My hands;
Laugh at me... where you stand.
Go ahead, and say it isn't Me;
The day will come... when you will see.
(Refrain)
'Cause I'll rise.... again;
Ain't no power on earth can tie Me down!
Yes, I'll rise... again;
Death can't keep Me in the ground.

Go ahead, mock My name;
My love for you is still the same.
Go ahead, and bury Me;
But very soon, I will be free!

(Refrain) (Instrumental bridge)

Go ahead, and say I'm dead and gone,
But you will see that you were wrong.
Go ahead, try to hide the Son;
But all will see that I'm the One!

(Final refrain)
'Cause I'll come again!
Ain't no power on earth can keep me back!
Yes, I'll come again;
Come to take My people back.
 
  *  Rise Again Lyrics Created by:
Karen Crouse 03-20-2010
 

He was despised and rejected by men,
a man of sorrows, and familiar with
suffering. Like one from whom men hide
their faces he was despised, and we
esteemed him not. Surely he took up our
infirmities and he carried our sorrows,
yet we considered him stricken by God,
smitten by him, and afflicted.

~ Isaiah 53:3-4 ~
Jesus was everything and became nothing
for us. Yet most of the people alive on
earth with him when he came, even his 
very own people, didn't know him or 
accept him even though he came to 
save them. The crowds just assumed 
he deserved what he got. 
Most did not repent. But there was 
something about that sacrificial story 
that has grabbed hearts over the years 
and called God's lost children home. 
In our journey home, we find him to 
not only be a Savior, but a servant 
who lived and died for our salvation
as well.

PRAYER:
God Almighty, your plan to redeem me takes
my breath away. Why you chose to take your
precious son and expose him to such public
disgrace while he was on earth I will never
comprehend. But this I do know: you love me
with an everlasting love and I will serve you
with all of my strength in thanks for his
great sacrifice. Thank you for your love.

In the name of Jesus Christ,
my Lord and Savior, I pray.
Amen.
 
  

No comments: