Monday, February 02, 2009




Those who are wise will shine like
the brightness of the heavens, and
those who lead many to righteousness,
like the stars for ever and ever.
-- Daniel 12:3

God promised a sifting between
the righteous and unrighteous.
Jesus repeated the same assurance
in his parables.
For God's people, however, these
are not fearful warnings. Instead,
these are words of promise. Those
who have wisely honored and lived
for God will shine brilliantly for
all to see. Those who have led
others to live righteously will
twinkle like stars in their
Father's eyes!

Loving God, thank you for saving
me by your grace and kindness.
At the same time, Father, I get
frustrated when I see the wicked
prosper while your loyal servants
are maligned and ridiculed for
their character. I'm thankful that
you will judge us based on your
incredible grace! At the same time,
I'm also thankful you will bring
justice for those who love you and
who are enduring hardship, danger,
and ridicule because of their faith.
Please be with them, wherever they
may be, and give them strength to
persevere until that day comes.
In Jesus' name I pray.
Amen.

No comments: