Wednesday, January 21, 2009




Where did I come from?
And the answer to that is:
I did not come from anywhere,
because I was always here.

The body comes and goes, but
"I" am always here. Where I
come from is a place that has
no beginning in time and no
ending. Where I go is the same
place. As we have seen, there
are no particular locations in
space or time.
In a non-local universe,
there is nowhere to go!


And what happens to me when
I die? The answer: Nothing
happens, because I do not
die. Pure consciousness cannot
be destroyed; it can only be
expressed. Knowing this frees
us from the fear of death
because nothing in the universe
is ever lost; it is only
transformed. If you and I are
speaking on the phone, and
somebody cuts off the phone
lines, what happens to us?
Where do we go? Nothing happens
to us, and we don't go anywhere.
So, too, when physical death
occurs, nothing happens to us.
Certain lines of communication
that use a certain nervous system
have temporarily been disrupted.
But we are still here. The soul
doesn't go anywhere; it's
the body that dissolves and
returns to the earth.

Then where is the soul? One of
the biggest misconceptions is
that the soul resides in
the body. People may say, "This
person died, and the soul has
left," but it's not true.
The soul is not inside the body.
The soul projects itself as
the body and the mind. It finds
a location in space-time, and
broadcasts or telecasts itself
through the body. But just as
the characteristics in a
movie are not inside my
television set when I'm watching
it, and Beethoven is not inside
my radio when I'm listening
to
it, my soul is not inside
by
body. My soul is merely
localizing or expressing
itself
through my body.

Adapted from Power, Freedom, and Grace by Deepak Chopra

No comments: