Thursday, December 04, 2008




Therefore God also has highly
exalted Him and given Him
the name which is above
every name.
~ Philippians 2:9 ~

The name of Jesus is a Name Above
Every Name. It is more excellent
than that of Adam, the first man,
because Jesus is the Alpha and
the Omega. Jesus’ name is more
excellent than that of Noah, who
saved the world from the flood,
because Jesus will save the world
from fire in the future.
Jesus’
name is more excellent
than that
of Abraham, the friend
of God,
because Jesus was
God’s Son.


Jesus’ name is more excellent
than that of Moses, who delivered
Israel from slavery in Egypt,
because Jesus’ name is powerful
to deliver any from addictive
slavery to sin.

Jesus’ name is more excellent
than that of any judge who
defeated Israel’s enemies,
because Jesus defeated sin,
lust and the devil on the cross.
What has Jesus done for you?

Lord, when I'm in trouble,
I whisper, “Jesus.” When I want
to break a habit or overcome an
enemy, I say, “Jesus.” When I
need anything, I pray, “Jesus.”

Jesus, Your name is sweet to me,
for it saved me from sin.
Your name is powerful to me, for
it gives me strength and hope.
Your name is above every name.
Amen.

No comments: