Friday, December 05, 2008




Around the 1st of December, I am
ready to adorn the house with
Christmas decorations.

I drag out boxes and bins filled
with decorations of years gone by,
and then go shopping to purchase
new ones. Some of the most precious
items are those saved from yesteryear,
now treasured for the very memories
they hold within. Some of the newer
Christmas items make decorating
more simple, such as exterior
carpet lighting. Old and new…
they are placed in one room and
then another, reminding me of this
most special time of year.

The tree lights always seem to be
a hassle, (I don't have a pre-lit
tree!) but worth the efforts when
night time arrives and the shimmer
of tiny lights fill the room.

Our decorations cannot compare with
those of God. Have you noticed how
He trimmed the world? He hung
the stars and moon against the black
sky, so we could enjoy their light.

He gave us color galore in the form
of four seasons. He gave us sun to
make things grow and to warm our
aching bones.

He ornamented our world with animals
to love and people to form tender
relationships with. He gave us a
heart to seek after Him.

He decorated the heart of each of
His children with the most beautiful
adornment of all.

He has wrapped our hearts in His
love, and sent us the Christ child,
so that we would never be separated
from the Father.

I pray this Christmas season, as I
continue to add to my household
decorations, I will remember God’s
decorations, and thank Him for them.
Won't you join me?

Blessings,
Mary Ann



No comments: