Wednesday, October 22, 2008




We know that in all things
God works for the good of
those who love him.

~ (v. 28, NIV) ~

The bottom has fallen out of
my life. My business is facing
bankruptcy. My wife has just
filed for divorce. My kids have
disowned me. But I know that
everything will eventually work
out. Doesn't the Bible say
somewhere that all things
work together for good?"

Yes, the Bible does say that,
but there is one all-important
condition: God works all things
together for good for those who
love him. This verse is not an
open promise that everything
will turn out good for everyone
only for those who know and
love the Lord.

Nor does Paul say here that all
things work together for good
in this life. Often they do,
of course, and when we view tough
times in retrospect a few years
later, we can see how God has
been working out his good will
in our lives.

But the ultimate good news for
those who have been predestined,
called, and justified is that
they will be glorified. God will
invite us into his eternal kingdom,
where there is no more pain,
sorrow, or tears.
God will then be all in all.
Now that really is good news!
I can hardly wait!

Dear God, please help me believe
that all things will work together
for my good, for I do love you.
Amen.


> by Verlyn Verbrugge

No comments: