Friday, September 21, 2007






When I was:

Four years old:
My daddy can do anything.

Five years old:
My daddy knows a whole lot.

Six years old:
My dad is smarter than your dad.

Eight years old:
My dad doesn't know exactly everything.

Ten years old:
In the olden days, when my dad grew up,
things were sure different.


Twelve years old:
Oh, well, naturally, Dad doesn't know
anything about that. He is too old to
remember his childhood.


Fourteen years old:
Don't pay any attention to my dad.
He is so old-fashioned.


Twenty-one years old:
Him?
My Lord, he's hopelessly out of date.

Twenty-five years old:
Dad knows about it, but then he should,
because he has been around so long.

Thirty years old:
Maybe we should ask Dad what he thinks.
After all, he's had a lot of experience.

Thirty-five years old:
I'm not doing a single thing until I
talk to Dad.

Forty years old:
I wonder how Dad would have handled it.
He was so wise.


Fifty years old:
I'd give anything if Dad were here now
so I could talk this over with him.
Too bad I didn't appreciate how smart
he was. I could have learned a lot
from him.

* By Author Unknown *

No comments: