Monday, March 05, 2007






Let the morning bring me word of
your unfailing love, for I have
put my trust in you. Show me
the way I should go, for to
you I lift up my soul.


~ Psalm 143:8 ~


THOUGHT:
In nearly every disciple's life,
there comes a time of loneliness
and doubt. It seems as if our prayer
requests just bounce off the ceiling
and fall in broken pieces at our feet.

God seems distant, hiding, asleep, or
unsympathetic to our cries for mercy
and help. Thankfully God gives us
the Psalms. In the Psalms we can find
words for almost all of life's ups and
downs. When we are down, it is nice when
we are down to know that others have been
there before us and have recovered their
faith and vitality. But, there are just
some moments in life when we need to have
God's reminders of his love and guidance.

This psalm and these words are made for
such a time. If the request in today's
Scripture is not relevant to your need,
then please, pray these words for someone
else. If, on the other hand, they speak
to you then please, pray them for yourself!

PRAYER:
Dear Father, please make your presence
undeniably known in my life and help me
clearly see your presence and mercy. I
want to honor you, dear God, but please
make your guidance clear so that I can
follow you boldly and faithfully in your
will. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.


No comments: