Saturday, December 23, 2006




MERRY CHRISTMAS !


Did you ever think about being thankful for
the 'nots'. I mean things like; I'm thankful
I do NOT have poor health, I'm thankful I
do NOT have financial ruin, I'm thankful I
do NOT have a broken family. The NOTS could
go on and on.

Usually we are told to be thankful for all
that we have and that is definitely a good
thing to do. Psalm 68:19 says; "Blessed be
the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits."
It's true ! every day there is a fresh load of
blessings from God but we can get so used to
them they stop feeling fresh. It becomes oh
so easy to overlook all that we have.


Concentrating on the 'NOTS' can enable us to
see thankfulness from a different perspective.
That's a good thing because being continuously
thankful is like a potent inoculation. It protects
us from all kinds of pesky spiritual diseases
like self-pity, arrogance, smugness, a lukewarm
heart. Daily thankfulness works to
keep our heart soft.

So what don't you have that you can be grateful
for Start a list. Spend a few minutes each day
thinking it over and keep adding to your list.
You'll be surprised how new things keep popping
into your head. Pretty soon you will feel like
the most blessed person in the world.


..:: Hannah's Cupboard 2006 ::..


No comments: