Sunday, December 17, 2006




l Here, There, Everywhere l



Have you ever tried to run away from God?
Don't try; it can't be done. "Where can I
go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from
Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You
are there. If I make my bed in hell, behold
You are there. If I take the wings of
the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts
of the sea, even there Your hand shall lead me
and Your right hand shall hold me."
- (vv. 7-10) -

No matter where we go in the will of God, He
is there. Why should we flee from Him? Why
should we try to find height or depth, east
or west, darkness or light? "If I say, 'Surely
the darkness shall fall on me,' even the night
shall be light about me; indeed, the darkness
shall not hide from You, but the night shines
as the day; the darkness and the light are both
alike to You" (vv. 11,12). Sometimes I've found
myself in dark places and have wondered, "Does
God know?" He indeed knows. If we sin, we go
out into the darkness, but God sees us. And
sometimes when we are walking with the Lord, we
still find ourselves in darkness. But that
darkness is as light to God.

God is everywhere and sees everything. Rather
than flee from Him, we should flee to Him. "God
is our refuge and strength, a very present help
in trouble" (Ps. 46:1). Nothing can separate us
from the love of God--neither height nor depth
east nor west, darkness nor light
- (Rom. 8:38.39) -


God promises to "never leave you nor forsake
you" (Heb. 13:5). The next time you go through
dark days, remember that God knows your problems
and needs. You may take refuge in Him; He will
see you through.

Scripture Reference:
_ Psalm 46:1 _
_ Hebrews 13:5 _
_ Psalm 139:7-12 _



_by Warren Wiersbe

No comments: