Friday, December 17, 2004






But since we belong to the day, let us be self controlled
putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and hope of
.salvation as a helmet



~ 1 Thessalonians 5:8 ~




<<> Ten Rules for A Happy Day <>>



TODAY I WILL NOT STRIKE BACKIf someone is rude
... if someone is impatient, if someone is unkind
.I will not respond in a like manner


TODAY I WILL ASK GOD TO BLESS MY "ENEMY": If I come
across someone who treats me harshly or unfairly, I will
quietly ask GOD to bless that individual. I understand
the "enemy" could be a family member, neighbor, co-worker
.or stranger


TODAY I WILL BE CAREFUL ABOUT WHAT I SAY: I will carefully
choose and guard my words being certain that I do not spread
.gossip


TODAY I WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE: I will find ways to help
.share the burden of another person


TODAY I WILL FORGIVE: I will forgive any hurts or injuries
.that come my way


TODAY I WILL DO SOMETHING NICE FOR SOMEONE BUT I WILL
NOT DO IT SECRETLY: I will reach out anonymously and bless
.the life of another


TODAY I WILL TREAT OTHERS THE WAY I WISH TO BE TREATED: I
will practice the golden rule - "Do unto others as I would
.have them do unto me" - with everyone I encounter


TODAY I WILL RAISE THE SPIRITS OF SOMEONE WHO
IS DISCOURAGED: My smile, my words, my _expression
of support, can make the difference to someone who
.is wrestling with life


TODAY I WILL NURTURE MY BODY:I will eat less
I will eat only healthy foods. I will
.thank GOD for my body


TODAY I WILL GROW SPIRITUALLY: I will spend a little
more time in prayer today.I will begin reading something
spiritual or inspirational today I will find a quiet
place (at some point during this day) and listen to
!!!GOD's voice







Make someone happy

for a moment in their life

Reach out and take away

a little of their strife



Show them that you care

each and every day

Don't watch them struggle

along their way

With love in your heart

and words that are kind

Try to help ease

another troubled mind

Because of the problems

that are in our way

Sometimes kind words

we forget to say

We don't often notice

when someone is blue

It could even be the person

sitting right next to you







A little smile and a word

of kindness is all it needs

To start the beginning

of the happiness seeds

You can bring warmth

and comfort to those in despair

By showing them that your

someone who really does care



Yes you can make a difference

to someone's life

By helping ease

a little of their strife



So open up your heart

to those who are in need

And let us together plant another one

.of God's happiness seeds

Let no one ever come to you without

.leaving better and happier

:Be the living _expression of God's kindness

kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes

.kindness in your smile





No comments: