Friday, October 01, 2004




~*~ HELLO GOD ~*~



Look God, I have never spoken to you before
?but now I want to say How do you do
You see, God, they told me You didn't exist
.And like a fool I believed all of this


Last night from my shell hole I saw your sky
.I figured right then they had told me a lie
Had I taken time to see things you had made
.I'd have known they weren't calling a spade a spade



I wonder, God, if you'd shake my hand
.Somehow I feel you will understand
Funny, I had to come to this hellish place
.Before I had time to see your face



Well, I guess there isn't much more to say
.But I'm sure glad God, I met you today
I guess the zero hour will soon be here
.But I'm not afraid since I know you're near



The signal - Well, God, I'll have to go
.I love you lots, this I want you to know
Look now, this will be a horrible fight
.Who knows, I might come to your house tonight



Though I wasn't friendly to you before
.I wonder God if you would stand at your door
Look, I'm crying... me shedding tears
.I wish I'd known you these many years



Well, I have to go now, God
goodbye
Strange, since I met you
.I'm not afraid to die






this poem was found on the dead body of a soldier killed in action _


No comments: