Sunday, March 07, 2004





<*> Ready to Go Home <*>




I held Our Book in my two hands
And pressed it to my breast
As peace and warmth swept over me
I knew I had been blest


I'm lonely, God, I prayed aloud
I'm ready to come Home
Oh, no! The time's not right
I can't bring you to my throne, God said


But, God! I pleaded selfishly
Don't tell me this is so
He sighed, You still have work to do
It's not time for you to go


So many friends have left me, God
And loved ones have gone, too
Hold on! There's other souls
Much lonelier than you, He said


... But, God, I said, I'm lost myself
?What can I do or say
... Listen, and I'll tell you
First, bow your head and pray


Reach out your hand ... stretch out your arms
And hug each hurting man
... And tell him that you love him
That you're part of Jesus' plan


And when you've done that many times
So many ... you lose count
Then, dear one
I'll lead you to the fount, God said to me


And only when your love is spent
On so many men alone
Will I know you're truly ready
For Me to bring you home



~ Virginia Ellis ~

No comments: