Monday, February 02, 2004







*~ A Wish Upon a Star ~*


Dare I to wish upon a star
?For something that so special was
Dare I to wish upon a star
I ask this question just because

So far into this world
That I have left to go
Yet never shall I find the like
Of the you that I've come to know

Never shall I find such a soul
That should so completely ease my mind
A heart so kind and gentle
That I could easily leave mine behind

How can I look at another
?When you in my eyes I still see
Even when I do heartily try
They cannot compare to thee

It is not that their countenance be not fair
Or that they have not nice words to impart
It is only that they are nothing that is you
And that they cannot break my heart

Goodbye, say they, a thousand times
And not a difference will it make to me
For them to say goodbye is joyous
Leaving my love for you set free

It is not that they cannot be pleasing
Nor carry a passionate touch you see
But touches that carress the skin can be many
And touches reaching the soul are worth more to me

So I sit here and wonder
?Dare I wish upon a star
Dare I to dream that what is held in my heart
Can be held from where you are

I think I will dare, just a while longer
In hope that you may find
The place where you connect
All of your heart, soul, and mind

So I shall wish upon that star
The brightest one in the skies
The one that twinkles with lively delight
And reminds me of your eyes

And I shall make this wish tonight
And every night that passes from this day
Until the light of that star should die
Or the remains of your feelings fade fast away


~ Kimberley Stoneman ~

No comments: