Sunday, December 21, 2003






~<>~ Portrait of A Friend ~<>~


I can't give solutions to all
of life's problems, doubts, or fears
But I can listen to you
and together we will search for answer

~<>~

I can't change your past
with all its heartache and pain
or the future with its untold stories
But I can be there now
when you need me to care

~<>~

I can't keep your feet
from stumbling
I can only offer my hand
that you may grasp it and not fall

~<>~

Your joys, triumphs, successes
and happiness are not mine
Yet, I can share in your laughter

~<>~

Your decisions in life are not
mine to make, nor to judge
I can only support you, encourage you
and help you when you ask

~<>~

I can't prevent you from falling
away from friendship
from your values, from me
I can only pray for you
talk to you and wait for you

~<>~

I can't give you boundaries
which I have determined for you
But I can give you the room to change
room to grow, room to be yourself

~<>~

I can't keep your heart
from breaking or hurting
But I can cry with you
and help you pick up the pieces
and put them back in place

~<>~

I can't tell you who you are
I can only love you and be your friend



~ by Caramel Kitty ~

No comments: