Saturday, July 26, 2003


REAL LOVE STORIES
(6)


Real Internet Love

Internet romance not real? Hogwash! Internet Romance is like the Reader's Digest condensed version of dating.. My love and I have said the most honest and heart wrenching things to one another that would have gone unspoken in twelve months of conventional dating.. We have got right to the heart of the matter in a short space of time.. We are allowing ourselves 15 months of exploring one another.. at the end of that time we hope to marry

I know this person so well, even though we have never met. I know how his thought processes work, I know the inner fears/doubts and feelings he had in life.. I would never have explored that terrain if we were dating conventially.. Our secret is treating the relationship as if we were together.. We have breakfast together in the US at 8am his time and breakfast in Australia at 7am my time. We talk about the events of the day, and he sends me a message letting me know when he is on his way home at the end of the work day (he even asks if I need anything from the store.lol). This humanizes the relationship and grounds it.. and whilst he sleeps I find URL's to send him, and write handwritten letters to him

We have a long haul until we become husband and wife, and we know there is hard work ahead. We are constantly exposing ourselves to each other in the deepest emotional way

He is about to tell his mother of our relationship, and I suggested that once she knows I would like to write to her and begin a relationship with his family before I arrive on her doorstep in 14mths.. I do not wish to be a stranger when I arrive.. He is going to write to my family too, so they can be at peace that this is not a fly-by-night relationship

!Internet romances not real! Get real



No comments: